Orthopaedic surgery encompasses any surgery that is related to bones or joints. It includes procedures such as fracture repairs, ligament repairs and spinal surgery to name a few.
Our veterinarians’ high level of expertise and our practice’s fully equipped surgical suite allows us to perform a wide range of orthopaedic surgical procedures that your pet may require. These may include:
- Cranial cruciate ligament repair, using either external stabilisation techniques or more advanced tibial plateau levelling techniques.
- Correction and stabilisation of patella luxation (slipping knee caps)
- Fracture (broken bone) repair using plates and screws, pins or wires for stabilisation as indicated.
- Surgical correction of bone deformities in growing animals
- Hip surgery for traumatic injuries or to treat hip dysplasia
Our veterinarians will assess each case individually and provide the best advice for you and your pet after a thorough orthopaedic examination, and x-rays if needed.
If you’re worried about your pet’s health, call us to make an appointment today.